Who We Are...
We are parents whose children’s lives are touched by mental health issues.
When We Learned We Weren’t Alone...
January 2000... and every day since.
Why We Formed a Society...
To insure mental health care and services are provided to children and youth and to assist their families in finding information and support.
- promotes child and youth mental health
- provides families with information and skills on how to manage their child’s worries and anxiety
- shares information on what services or supports are available for families in child & youth
- mental health
- provides information to professionals on topics related to child and youth mental health from a parent’s perspective
- partners with others in creating information and resources that promote awareness and collaboration in child and youth mental health
- provides information to families that will enable them to know, and seek out, who does what and where to look for services and resources
- shares our own experiences and knowledge with others to exchange strengths and knowledge
- promotes prevention, early identification, and appropriate intervention
- models and encourages respect between families and professionals
- assists families in learning how to identify and advocate for what is in the best interests of their child
- works to support and assist families within boundaries that allows the FORCE to support and assist other families
- provides opportunities for families to meet other families who’ve been there
- provides emotional support
- assists families in learning how to advocate effectively for their children or youth
- attends meetings, when possible, to assist in taking notes and represent another pair of ears for clarification of information for parents
- attempts to bridge the needs of families with the constraints of the systems serving children, youth and families
- assists in promoting mentorship and empowerment for parents
Phone: 604-878-3400 or toll free (855) 887-8004